Site Flip - Flipping Web Sites, Web Pages and Domains

Site Flip is the Web's first blog dedicated to the business of flipping websites! Flipping means buying a website, improving it, and finally selling the website for a profit.

Site Flip: Buying and Selling Websites for Profit

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

College Startup Blog is For Sale!

Site Flipper Ben Bleikamp has posted his College Startup blog for sale! If you enjoy the read, consider my free newsletter.

The flipper behind the Poker Blog sale is now selling his small-business blog, College Startup, through SitePoint. The starting bid is $1000 (solely based on design it seems), and the BIN price is $6500.

According to the content appraisal formula posted yesterday, I suggested to ben on Google Chat that he was undervaluing his site's starting bid by anywhere from $600-$700, and depending on the technical quality of the posts and their utility, by possibly as much as $1000.

I'm personally interested in buying the College Startup blog, if only as a great flipping possibility (especially considering that I think it's undervalued). The thing is, I don't know if I can afford that kind of money. I'd prefer to finance the deal and or find some partner to purchase it with.

In the next day or two I'll evaluate the opportunity, appraise C-S, and post a follow-up as to what my plans, if any are.

Related articles are archived in the topical categories , , , , and .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home